In the field of online marketing, there are millions of different methods to earn money. But choosing the wisest amongst them is a pretty hard task. You need to make sure that the method you choose is good enough and worth the time and risk. Initially, for the beginners, figuring out what ads are best in terms of revenue is tougher than rocket science. Many settle down for affiliate programs which pay more money. But in reality, just because the program pays more revenue than others, doesn’t mean it will be profitable for you.
Let us see how we can make the right choice while choosing affiliate programs and also how to increase the revenue they generate for us.
- Make sure that the affiliates you want to promote in your site are related to your niche. Do not try and promote any random affiliate, because the people who click on the affiliate will be lost and be wondering how they ended up there. This will in the long run affect your site’s reliability.
- Have an affiliate link dedicated to each of the posts in your website. Say, you are reviewing a mobile phone. Have a link to an online shopping site after the review where the readers can click and buy the phone. This not only helps the users save time in searching for the phone elsewhere, but also makes sense. These kinds of affiliate programs are called Pay Per Sell programs, where you are paid a small percentage of the sales as commission. Many popular websites like Bestbuy.com and Amazon.com support this method.
- Then there are the Pay Per Click programs which you cannot ignore, because this is easy money. You get paid every time a visitor clicks on the link and visits the merchant’s site. But this method has got its own drawbacks as well. First one is that because you don’t really have to do anything apart from placing the link in your website, the revenue is very low. Another one is that this method is profitable only if your website has a very high traffic. You know the reason why.
- We also have other methods of affiliate programs where the visitor has to signup to a service in the merchants site. Only then will you get paid. The revenue in such programs are high because the stakes are high as well. But not many people will signup giving all the personal information on some random site. So, if you are planning to use this method, chose the merchant wisely.
- Finally, we have the conventional advertisements where you are payed just for displaying the ads in your site. This gives a lot of revenue, but very tough to get hold of one. To be able to get an ad like that, your site needs to have a lot of reputation and very heavy traffic, which is very unlikely for a beginner to have.
We have seen how the different methods of affiliate programs work. It is just that we need to make the right choice. Even if we don’t see a lot of profit initially, in the long run, we will atleast have a consistent amount of profit. Thus choosing a good affiliate program for your site is as important as any other aspect of the site.