So I am beginning to think I have no life as I write this blog at 11:06 P.M., New Years Eve. In retrospect however, I think this is the perfect way to end the year – with a moment of reflection on what happened in 2011 (believe me when I say this, A SHIT LOAD happened) and what possibly to look forward to in 2012.
Sure, each year I mentally compile my list of top highlights of the year just past and my personal goals for the coming year. However, as far as truly appreciating what has happened and what will be – I somehow think this next year 2012 will absolutely ROCK given that I have a new perspective on things.
That being said, this list is my personal wish list of what I hope to do in 2012:
- Spend more time with the family (not that 2011 did not allow me a lot of quality time) but now I am in a position physically to enjoy it, or getting there at least.
- Commit to more date nights. We have to take advantage of the Sawhneys more often J.
- Be more social. I am an introvert. Ok fine, I am not an introvert but I don’t make an effort to go to as many gatherings or get-togethers. I must strive to get out more.
- Return to a 32 waist size and walk consistently few days a week. Mind you – I am not too far thanks to the surgery, but that is one hell of a way to trim down. Definitely do not recommend that method.
- Control the tone of my voice. I too often convey hostility, anger, impatience and frustration in talking to my wife and kid and yes the affiliates. I must learn to speak softly and kindly. Yes I can.
- Be Incarnational. I want to do a greater job of manifesting the presence of a worry free life in the lives of others. Take it from me it is short and just might pass you by.
Trackbacks and pingbacks
No trackback or pingback available for this article.