It’s First and 10; do you know where your insurance advertiser is?
1) Gina, if you would be so kind, please tell us about yourself and what you are currently doing.
2) You have an amazing knack for buying traffic; care to talk to us a little bit about that experience and your trials and tribulations.
Test, Test, Test! I am a huge advocate for testing. You can’t tell if something will be successful unless you try different traffic sources and manipulate advertisements and keywords. And with some years of experience, I can often tell within a short time what is working or not. Sometimes within a few hours :)
3) How did you find yourself working in the Affiliate Marketing industry? How have you found this industry to be? Was it what you thought it to be?
Honestly, the position with Firstand10 Marketing kind of luckily landed in my lap. I had done some freelance work and replied to a job posting and am here almost 5 years later with the same company (which is unheard of). I have found this industry to be ever evolving and fast growing. What is hot one minute, can be completely the opposite the next. I guess the fact that there is never a dull moment is what I love most. It’s definitely not what I thought it would be.
4) There are more and more women playing a significant role in this industry, what do you attribute that to and more importantly – do you think that to be the case going forward?
I absolutely think it’s the case moving forward. It seems as though there are more women emerging than men in this industry. This is an industry of relationships, especially as people often move from one position to another in short spans, and I think women are better at relationship building and nurturing (I doubt most men would disagree with that). Women are more approachable and less intimidating, but, I think that we must also be aggressive in this industry to stick out.
5) Who was or is a major influencer for you? In this industry, Ron Ossip, CEO of Firstand10 Marketing. I have studied under his wing for five years now and am amazed at how he has built a strong business that has been consistent for so many years. He helped build a number of companies prior to Firstand10′s birth and pioneered some very important tools that are used in the industry today. I can’t seem to find anyone who has not worked with or for him at some point over the past 12 years he’s been in the space.
6) What are your favorite must read industry blogs or websites (brownie points if you mention RickyAhuja.com)?
Obviously RickyAhuja.com, MrGreen, TechCrunch, and also the groups related to affiliate marketing on Facebook– can I mention Affiliate Slayer?
7) Where do you see the affiliate marketing industry heading with social media in the next year? Do you think that micro blogging platforms like Pinterest, Twitter, Four Square and FB have the potential to change the entire landscape of presenting information to the public?
I think social media has and will continue to play a large role in affiliate marketing. The audience demographic is limitless and we all know that everyone is on Facebook, Twitter, etc. The evolution of these platforms is already apparent in that most, if not all companies have Facebook and Twitter pages where users can keep up with current trends. The key, of course, is can they convert for the advertiser. As I’m sure many of your readers know, the jury is still out on that.
Now for a few FUN questions:
8) When you are not making babies, you are given a free pass to Affiliate Summit, Ad Tech or Leads Con – where do you go and why?
AdTech- it’s the largest show and I honestly feel that I get more accomplished there compared to any other. There are tons of Advertisers, Publishers, and Networks. I do like Affiliate Summit and Leadscon because they are more intimate and people come to do business.
9) You have a pool in your back yard and you can fill it with anything, what would it be and why? NO IDEA!!
Mocha Frappuccino from Starbucks so I don’t have to leave the house in the winter. OR, I could go with the obvious, MONEY!!!
10) If you could pick the brains of anyone – dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Jeffrey Bezos– he is a genius!
11) What advice do you have for my female readers who are looking to get into affiliate or online marketing?
Don’t be afraid or intimidated on getting into the industry as everyone started at the bottom. Read, Read, Read, — inform yourself on as much as possible in the and always try to be one step ahead.